We are looking for a Freelance QA/Tester on a part-time basis to help us deliver projects to our diverse portfolio of clients. Embedded in small project teams, you will observe and question our software in order to provide quality related information throughout its delivery. You role will include reviewing requirements and designs, helping define acceptance criteria, planning and performing testing, and ensuring the outputs and status of testing are clearly reported.
You will be naturally curious and will question and explore our products, particularly in areas that had not previously been considered. You're thinking, observing, experimenting and reporting will highlight problems and risks that will let us make the right decisions about releasing our software.
Salary Negotiable/Dependant on experience.
Ideally we'd like you to have most of the following skills and attributes:
- Context driven test approach using exploratory testing and lightweight documentation
- Experience of working in a fast-paced agency environment, operating as the sole tester in a team
- Functional testing of web based applications and services
- Browser/OS/device compatibility testing using real devices, emulators or cloud services such as BrowserStack
- Ability to use browser devtools to debug and identify the root cause of issues
- Knowledge of common tools for project management, issue tracking, design prototyping, and collaboration
- Some experience of non-functional testing including usability, security, performance and accessibility
- Highly analytical with the desire to think critically and obtain empirical evidence to help formulate ideas and conclusions
- Able to communicate and collaborate confidently with team members, senior stakeholders and clients